- Characterisation of pulmonary nodules in patients with extra-thoracic malignancies; distinguishing benign from malignant nodules, and primary lung cancers from metastases;
- Improved PET-CT reconstruction techniques, that will enable improved tumour detection and quantification of tumour metabolism;
- Identification and characterisation of metastatic disease on spine MRI.
Led from Oxford’s Big Data Institute, the consortium is a national cloud-connected network bringing together necessary expertise across NHS (including 15 NHS Hospital Trusts*), academia, industry such as GE Healthcare, Alliance Medical, The Behavioural Architects and 7 Oxford University spin-outs+, as well as patient groups.
The Consortium is led by Prof Fergus Gleeson, Prof Sir Mike Brady, Prof Jim Davies and Prof Mike Parker. Further collaborators within Oxford include Prof Stefan Neubauer and Prof Charalambos Antoniades (RDM), Prof Gil McVean (BDI/NDM), Martin Landray (BDI/NDPH) and Alison Noble (IBME).
NCIMI is keen to expand and bring in new partnerships as it develops.
To stay up-to-date with NCIMI news, follow the consortium on Twitter.
- Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
- Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust
- King’s Fertility
- Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
- North Bristol NHS Trust
- Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust
- Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal United Hospital Bath NHS Foundation Trust
- The Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- The Newcastle upon Tyne NHS Foundation Trust